06 Nov National Nacho Day Paula Deen Uncle Bubbas seafood nachos recipe
- 1 large (16-ounce) bag corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked clean of shells, chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp, boiled, peeled, deveined, and tails removed, chopped
- 1/2 pound scallops, muscle removed, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce, for topping
- 1 cup pico de gallo, for topping
- 10 to 12 pickled jalapeno slices, for topping
- Sour cream, for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large baking pan or cast iron pan place a layer of the tortilla chips and cover with the shredded Cheddar and Pepper Jack cheeses. Bake the chips for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted. Remove the dish from the oven and set aside.
In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter and saute the garlic until soft. Add the crabmeat, shrimp, and scallops and saute for 3 minutes.
Add the cream, garlic powder, Parmesan, salt and pepper, to taste, to the seafood and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
Remove the seafood mixture from the heat and pour over the tortilla chips. Top the nachos with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, jalapenos, and a large dollop of sour cream. Serve immediately